Saturday 12 May 2012

Forms of Exercises

There are various forms of exercise. Above are the pictures shown of my form of exercises. The first picture is of me exercising using a wheelbarrow. The picture was taken at Perth western Australia at the Gold mint. In the wheelbarrow there is a large mound of gold which is heavy. The picture of the swimming pool was taken at the University of Western Australia Perth where I had my swimming lessons. I learnt how to blow bubbles underwater and breath like an aqua creature. I feel swimming gives great stamina to the body. The next picture was taken at Lodwar Kenya where I was doing missionary work there for a month. Often the weather is hot so therefore have to walk on foot shirtless.This is a great way to sweat my body and prevent me from illnesses. The last picture is also taken on the beaches of Lodwar Kenya. There we journeyed through thick thorn branches and sea shells. We went swimming by the lake my friend and I and we also played games on the beach.


Anaerobic means literally without air or oxygen.  A term applied to microbes which can thrive only in the absence of oxygen; but it also refers to the converse of aerobic exercise, where sustained intensive exercise (eg sprinting) exceeds the body's capacity to deliver oxygen so that the muscles use energy derived from anaerobic metabolism resulting in an oxygen deficit which has to be replenished later.

Anaerobic exercise involves intense or explosive spurts of strenuous activity that leaves you gasping for breath.  This exercise can only be done for a minute or too at a time, because it depends on limited stores of glycogens (sugars) stored in the muscles, which are rapidly depleted, resulting in intense muscle fatigue.

Examples (of anaerobic exercise)
Weight lifting
Sprinting
  


Reference

Townsend J. (2000) Get Tough with Stress


Retrieved from http://stress.about.com/cs/exercise


Retrieved from http://stresscourse.tripod.com


1 comment: